We’re a local business with an international scope – offering screenings in every corner of the world
Headquartered in Singapore, Background Check Group specializes in protecting people and reputation of the organizations of all sizes by providing technology driven suite of verification and compliance platforms, databases and services. We as one of the Asia’s largest Background Screening firm is supported by our International offices, global network of partners and experts that enable us to reach 200 plus countries and territories to offer more than 100 unique background screening products in 40 different languages.With a 100% customer retention rate since last 8 years, many of the world’s most forward-thinking and successful organizations trust Background Check Group to deliver effective, customer-focused solutions that provide increased efficiency and faster turnaround.
Our Core Values
Background Check Group Advantages
Some Of Our Clients
We have the privilege of working with some of the most well known companies in the world and we don’t take this lightly. We view our clients as partners and work collaboratively with them to achieve results they can measure. We work both diligently and intelligently to ensure that the needs of our clients come first. We are only as good as the reputation of our clients, and we willingly put our own reputation on the line to ensure that they get as much out of the relationship as we do.
Staggering Screening Statistics
Recent figures showed more than half (52%) of successful job applications contained some form of error or discrepancy, most frequently relating to education or employment history. However almost a third (32%) were found in professional qualifications and memberships, proving this area to be particularly vulnerable to lies and embellishments.
- It costs $7,000 to replace a salaried employee, $10,000 to replace a mid-level employee, and $40,000 to replace a senior executive.
- Employers lose 72% of all negligent hiring suits.
- Two thirds of negligent hiring cases brought to court have received jury awards with an average award of $600,000. According to the Workplace Violence Research Institute, the average award in these suits is $3 million.
Resume & Application Errors
- Over 85% of all resumes contain errors, omissions, and false statements.
- 34% of all application forms contain outright lies about experience, education and ability to perform essential functions on the job.
- 9% of job applicants falsely claimed they had a college degree, listed false employers or identified jobs that didn’t exist.
- 11% of job applicants misrepresented why they left a former employer.
Business Theft / Embezzlement
- 30% of business failures are caused by employee theft.
- 14.7% of all applicants admit to theft of merchandise from an employer.
- 4.4% of all applicants admit to theft of cash from an employer.
- Average employee embezzlement is over $125,000.
- 95% of all companies are victims of theft, and yet only 10% ever discover it.